Edible Brooklyn welcomes submissions, pitches and story ideas from authors, illustrators, photographers and the members of the community we cover, especially ideas that highlight what this city eats and drinks and why. Note that the print edition is published four times a year—with the themes Drinks (February), Innovation (May), Travel (September) and Holiday (November)—so pitch accordingly.
Send your pitch along with relevant examples of previous work to submissions [at] edible manhattan [dot] com. Confused by the email? Our team publishes both Edible Manhattan and Edible Brooklyn, so all submissions go to the same place. Our web rates are commensurate with experience.
Posted February 21, 2019
Edible Holdings—the company that publishes the sister magazines Edible Manhattan, Edible Brooklyn, Edible East End and Edible Long Island—seeks a programmer to manage day to day and long-term project needs for our four main websites plus a couple of micro-sites.
Ideal applicants should be expert in WordPress installations and updates, AWS, as well as the following basic programming requirements:
- Monthly site and plugin updates
- Troubleshooting of site bugs in conjunction with editors
- Making upgrades to site function and look in conjunction with editors and designers
- Integration with server host
- Security issues
- Familiar with Mailchimp, Eventbrite, ad servers, and other common services integrated with Edible sites
- Committed to sharing insights on best practices (e.g. SEO, security updates, and content management among others)
- Prove experience with responsive web design, mobile-first design and atomic design
- WordPress multisite
- Experience with compiling metrics reports
- Minimum of five hours per week with occasional sprints around other less pressing tasks
- Tech support for email setup and other tech tasks
Please contact submissions [at] ediblemanhattan [dot] com