From the organizers:
It’s the 8th Annual Porktacular food fest! Expect star chefs and whole-hog goodness.
We’ll be upping the cider component this year with 10+ cider makers sampling their best of fall ciders. Also, we’ll have different NY State regions highlighted (Fingerlakes, Hudson Valley) as we are a proud Taste NY event! Plenty of FREE water and kids 12 and under also are free with adult purchase.
We’ll be going hog wild at the beloved Pig Island on Saturday, September 9th, as we return to the Brooklyn waterfront in Red Hook (across from Ikea)! Featuring 25+ chefs creating the freshest and funkiest dishes from locally sourced hogs, this year’s porktacular celebration features:
- New and returning award-winning chefs, including Chef Rodrigo Duarte (Casiero e Bom – last year’s Best in Show for Traditional Pork); Roxanne Spruance (Kingsley NYC – Zagats 2017 Best New American Restaurant, NYC), Cherry Street BBQ (from Toronto!); Smoke Show (Chef Jonathan Botta); Humberto Guallpa (Row House); Randall’s BBQ; Scott Bridi (Brooklyn Cured); Mighty Quinn’s BBQ; Jacques Gautier (Palo Santo); Clay Gordon (serving up a chocolate bacon fondue!); BBDs (Long Island); Alice’s Arbor (Brooklyn), and Peter & Chris Giannakas of Ovelia among others
- Artisan spirits tent curated by Modern Distillery Age featuring craft spirits from High West, ESP Gin, Catskill Provisions, NY Distilling and Port Morris Distillery for starters
- Additional food from Southern Recipe Pork Rinds and The Piggery
- WÜSTHOF returns with a knife tent and butchering demo featuring farmers, star chefs and culinary experts, includingMichael Yezzi (Flying Pigs Farm) and Ted “The Butcher” Nigro, among others
- Vegetarian options include Brooklyn Brine, NYC Hot Sauce Company (returning with their roasted chiles) and a Cabot Cheese food truck
- All hogs sourced from Flying Pigs Farm and cooked overRoyal Oak Charcoal hardwood briquettes
- Plenty of Craft Beer, including Sixpoint
- Eve’s, Indian Ladder Farmstead Ciders, Aspall, EZ Orchards, Original Sin and Black Duck Cidery will be part of an enhanced cider program
- Water from Essentia and Bruce Cost Ginger Ale
- Live music stations: acoustic and brass band performances throughout the day
- A Taste NY event
- Many more details to come…
And it’s all included in one general admission price (all providers subject to change)!
All sales are final. Rain or shine.