- How to develop a great angle for your book
- The mechanics of an irresistible cookbook proposal
- What goes into a sample chapter
- Finding an agent and publisher
- Establishing a platform and marketing yourself
- How advances and royalties work
If you’re a prospective author, come join us for a lively small-group lecture and discussion on how to attract an agent and editor and ultimately, a large reading audience for your work.
Taught by Diana Kuan. Diana Kuan is a food writer and photographer based in Brooklyn. She is the author of Red Hot Kitchen, on cooking with Asian hot sauces, and The Chinese Takeout Cookbook, on Chinese food and culture in America. Her work has also appeared in Food & Wine, Time Out New York, and The Boston Globe, among other publications. In addition to writing and photography, Diana has taught cooking classes for the past 10 years in both Beijing and New York. Her favorite foods are dumplings, ramen, and tacos, usually with hot sauce on the side.