From the organizers:
Get a detailed introduction to aquaponics – growing plants and fish in a recirculating ecosystem – from the fabulous duo behind Oko Farms, NYC’s only outdoor aquaponics farm & education center. In this extended class, you’ll learn:
- A brief history of fish cultivation
- The basic science of aquaponics
- Fish selection & management
- Aquaponics best practices
- Basic design options for an aquaponics farm with a focus on simplicity, economic viability, & environmental sustainability
As Oko Farms will be closed during the winter season, you’ll learn all of this from warmth and comfort of the AgTech X Co-Lab, just a 5-minute walk from the farm itself. Coffee will be provided!