According to the organizers:
“In this class we will learn how to strengthen our immunity in preparation for the cold and flu season. Several traditional recipes will be demonstrated, and the herbal actions of each ingredient will be discussed.
- An immune boosting broth using astragalus and shiitake.
- A nourishing herbal tonic using elderberries
- “Fire Cider”, a traditional recipe using garlic, onions, turmeric, horseradish and raw apple cider vinegar. Strong enough to ward off any cold!
- An antimicrobial infused honey using thyme.
- How to make an overnight antimicrobial onion syrup
- How and when to use herbs such as echinacea and boneset.
This topic is vast so the above recipes are a lovely way to become more conscious of how you can take care of a cold without running to Duane Reade!”